Sunday, October 12, 2008

Adventures in DC!

Well, I spent all day Saturday touring around Washington DC with my friends Sara and Padmini. We began with viewing the White House from a distance, but then we got moved out by some security guys (hot ones, I might add!) because there must have been some important people coming along soon or something...
We ate lunch in Union Station and saw some monuments and memorials...Lincoln, WWII, Washington, etc. I did not, however, get to see the "sacred documents" (Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights) because they shut the line down at 4:30pm. The tour book said the Archives Building closed at 5:30pm, but it did not say the line shut down at 4:30, so we saved it until last. I was LIVID! I really, really, really wanted to see the documents! I felt like writing a letter letting the "Official Tour Book" people know that it needed to be published in the book that the line closed at 4:30! We may try to go see it Friday if the traffic agrees with us. The "sacred documents" are important to me because of what they symbolize. I love this country and I don't like the direction it is sometimes headed. I think we should go back to the original view that the Founding Fathers had for our country. Anyway, I'm having fun and am now in a town in central VA. Red brick houses, (some of them VERY large) leaves beginning to change colors, foliage on the ground, green hills, and water are all around and are very rejuvenating! Why don't I live here yet? Two reasons: Grad school will be done in two years, and I have a new church calling. That's all that is keeping me in AZ.
Well, I've blabbed enough! I will post more pics when I get home.

1 comment:

AZ said...

Glad you got to see them!